• Uncategorized
  • 0

The #1 …(way to do a Needs Analysis)

Number One** Not your ordinary, endless list – just what’s number 1.

Wall Wisher

Wallwisher is a place where students can go and put up “post it notes” about a topic. I can think of many ways to use Wallwisher with students but none better than getting students to reply about what they want to learn in the course or what they liked best about a course. It is a tremendously powerful tool for soliciting student feedback.

Needs surveys are important and can be pre, during and post course. They allow the teacher to alter the curriculum and tailor it to the student’s learning style, levels, beliefs and motivation. HERE is a nice presentation I use with my graduate students about Needs Analysis.

Teachers can simply post up a simple question and let students reply in short post its. Example questions might be – “What do you like best / hate about the textbook units?” “How do you learn best?” “What should we do more of in class?” “What is your favorite topic?” etc….

Think about using Wallwisher with your students and giving them some input about the course, the textbook or the teaching/learning! See my complete tutorial and guide on ELT and TECH. Download this nice “How to use Wallwisher” guide and also see my recent Website of the Day post. Go HERE to find some more amazing ways to use Wallwisher!

Here’s one example!