Making an online Class Newspaper

I’m a BIG HUGE CRAZY fan of the power of RSS and aggregation. If you don’t know what RSS or “real simple syndication” is – watch this cool Common Craft video.
RSS basically brings things from around the web to you. I’ve used it extensively and soon will have a new creation for English teaching jobs that will revolutionize our job hunting. But for teaching, I’ve used Pageflakes and also Addictomatic. But both are getting rather old and have also been going down the profit road – lots of ads and clunky! (you might also be interested in this “Simple Pie” rss to pdf newspaper maker I came up with.)
Recently though, two new “newspaper” aggregation tools have been taking things up a knotch. Paper.il and Newscred. Both have their merits but in particular, for classroom use – I think Newscred is phenomenal.
Paper.li allows you to use your twitter account to quickly and simply make a newspaper. That’s its attraction – how simple it is. Just go there and put in your twitter username. Then you have a newspaper. Here’s mine!
Newscred is much “fuller” but still simple. Here is the one I made in under 3 minutes! It offers you attractive designs and you simply search for topics and then create a newspaper. Really simple and would be perfect to introduce students to issues/topics that you are studying at the moment in class. Even videos. You can add an rss of any site – say for example a youtube search term and Bingo – it is on your class newspaper. (but it is tricky to make an RSS from youtube – go here or here for a playlist, Makes it simple!