The #1 ….. (place to have your students blog)

Number One** Not your ordinary, endless list – just what’s number 1.

Edublogs

I guess this one is pretty obvious, seeing that what you are experiencing right now IS Edublogs. However, I do expect this pick to be contentious and I do agree there are many alternatives however, I still think beyond the pale, Edublogs is the best place for a group of students to blog privately, securely. Let me tell you why. (but please, comment and suggest some alternatives!)

1. ┬áVery simple to set up. This is the biggest thing for me. Teachers don’t want anything complex nor to spend undo time getting to the good stuff – the curriculum! In a few short steps, you can have all your students online and blogging – on task!

2. It’s free. Yes, there is a little advertising but it is safe and not bothersome. See the options HERE. A Teacher’s set up is very low cost also.

3. It is an educational community. ┬áMeaning, you are supporting a group that has education first and always in their mind. They aren’t going to do anything that will effect educators as their client base. More info. here.

There is a lot more I could say. Let it suffice that I looked long and hard into whether to support Edublogs when I joined and made a public blog, some 2+ years ago. I’m happy with the choice and think most teachers will be too.