• Uncategorized
  • 6

Quiz Break – easy Jeopardy style review game maker

Teachers use and love Jeopardy. I know, I’ve made hundreds and got a lot of great feedback about all the different games. Find them in our Jeopardy power point games area

Now, you even have more options than the traditional power point or high skilled flash builders – we now have Quiz Break! See an example of what you can make HERE.
I’ve long championed a lot of the simple applications developed by CLEAR (Center for Language Education and Research). I used their audio drop box for a number of years. They’ve developed Quiz Break and it really is an easy way to make a jeopardy quiz game.

All you have to do is click each title or category and then input what you want. You’ll need to do a short registration, that’s all. It will store your game afterwards and provide you with a link/url to use.

What’s cool about Quiz Break is that you can record audio with your microphone or even a video! Really simple. Of course, also upload a photo too, either by url or from your computer.

All in all, a great tool. Make sure to share your games here on EFL Classroom 2.0 too! Hat tip to Larry Ferlazzo for making me aware of this.

1. Wow. This is fantastic! I think I may even use it in tomorrow’s class. I’ve still got an overhead transparency of a makeshift Jeapordy game I used to play. Nice to see an update! Thanks David, and Larry!

Isn’t it! I’ve used 2,3,4 types of Jeopardy flash generators but this takes the cake. I love using a simple version, like an overhead but you can’t be how with pictures, audio/photos, you can add so much more richness and multi modal learning. You reminded me though, I still have a nice Jeopardy worksheet where the students make the questions, that’s even better! Or even better is getting the students (if the right age/aptitude) to make the games…

3. Fantastic resources at CLEAR, just blogged about it and included a link to an imperatives jeopardy game that I have made. Not the first question has a link to a video if you take a look…
    Thanks for sharing this!
    Mike

Mike,

Glad you liked it and I think it an invaluable review game. I know many teachers use ppt templates but find this one just a touch more integrative and useful ( with the pics for context).

Please post a link directly here, if you have a moment. I know so many blogs don’t allow / let / wish others to post links in comments. Never agreed with that custom. Any and all who read my stuff can post any link to their own or others material that will benefit learners or teachers. That’s what I think it is all about – sharing ideas and in particular, the source.

Thanks for dropping by.

David

5. Steve says:

This is brilliant. Not too time consuming to make and so far students have been very engaged as its material relating to them and our course. Thanks for this.

Glad you like it. It does speed things up and of course the audio component if you use – can really enhance things…