Number One** Not your ordinary, endless list – just what’s number 1.

Larry Ferlazzo

larryLarry Ferlazzo does so much to help the wider English teacher community, I’m almost lost at how to begin…..
With that in mind and with the thought that he is not as appreciated as he should be (and there are a few others in this category) – I’m happy to add him to the #1 series.  This series wouldn’t be complete or have any integrity without him.
Larry should be added to any teacher’s reader, to any twitter account, to any blog sidebar. If you haven’t – do it now, so others will “get the goods”.
What I really like about Larry is that he is so fair and impartial. That’s always a sign of a great educator. He doesn’t judge a tool or resource – like a good journalist, he just notes the pluses and minuses and let’s you decide.  I wish I could be so impartial and non-interfering!
To end, let me list the ways Larry helps the wider community.

1. His “Best” lists. Larry is a great lister, probably the best around.
2. His blog. Full of great categories and information, always updated!
3. His teacher’s website.  Lots of links for students, all categorized. And more.
4. His published materials. Larry writes on practical topics.  Strategies / Motivation / Parent Engagement
5. He writes for numerous other blogs as a guest blogger.  Engaging Parents in Schools, In Practice, The Huffington Post and others.
6. An interview series with other great educators.
7. His twitter feed of incredibly useful references/resources.
8. The ESL / EFL / ELL blog carnival which he organizes and promotes.
All this and he teaches!  Thank you Larry and hope every new teacher finds you and gets the help they deserve.