Let’s give the gift of a click

As many of you might know, I returned “home” to Canada, the north of Canada this year. After years spent wandering the globe teaching, decided to be in one place, with family and friends.

The transition has gone better than I expected. Love spending time with my lovely parents on the farm. Love my sisters and kids. Love just exploring my old town and trails. Got a great job at the local university. I have lots to be happy about. However, life can kick you in the chops and it has this year.

I wrote previously about losing my dear coach, Mr. Z this year. A tragic ATV (all terrain vehicle) accident. Weeks later, a young student, Carter (pictured), avid skateboarder was also killed on an ATV. Tragic and makes you doubt your time and place. Made me do so…..

However, I’m a positive man. I want to do something about it rather than stand still and let it kill me.

But I need your help. 

Carter was an incredible kid, a skateboarder. We are trying to get a skateboard park in the community, under his name. The most votes will get the money.  Read about it.

What I am asking is for each and every person who reads this, who is part of this community, to give. Give a vote.  It just takes a click a day.

You have to register but you can just use your Facebook page. Vote daily and lets do something for Carter. I’d like you to help me make a difference.

Thanks to all for participating, now let’s do it!