My Teaching Resolution 2012 – Make It Real

Every year, I make a very practical, specific resolution for my teaching. Last year, it was to explore and practice the possibilities of using video in the classroom. This year, it is one big, inspiring one that I hope other teachers will join in – MAKE IT REAL.

Too often, we postpone. We dream, we plan but our resolutions just remain that – ideas. This year, I will follow the Signal 37 philosophy that I’ve long espoused and make my own long list of teaching projects become REAL.

I’ve got a new School of TEFL, I’ll be launching with a full 120 hour course. In my own lessons, I’m going to bring in experts, bring the world into the classroom and flag – relevance to the world out there. I have a list of ideas that I won’t wait on but will seed. I’ve long mucked about but this year it will get even more intense.

So join me – let’s resolve to Make It Real in 2012. Here are the words of Goethe to get you off the couch. Also, some 80’s rock, The Scorpions. Let us know what you will make real this year in your teaching world!

5 Responses

1. Sharon says:

Quick questions: are you publishing the 26th blog carnival and when will it come out?

Thanks!

2. ddeubel says:

Sharon,

Easy question. YES.

We had a problem with the submissions form but finally resolved it (submissions were there but going to a folder we didn’t see).
    So the carnival will come out on Feb. 01. Go here to make a submission. http://community.eflclassroom.com/profiles/blogs/enter-the-next-blog-carnival-1

3. Sharon says:

Ok, great. Will do. Thanks!

4. Sharon says:

Can we still use this form for submissions? http://blogcarnival.com/bc/submit_2452.html

5. ddeubel says:

Yes, you can also use that one!