• Uncategorized
  • 3

Simple Tasks For Teaching

Recently on the EFL Classroom 2.0 blog, I posted 3 lists of 50 tasks that teachers can use in their teaching – asking students to do them and “practice” language, the skill that is language speaking/reading/writing/listening.

Surprised to death at how popular these lists were! I know we all like lists but I guess I touched on a big need with teachers. Short, concise, easy to implement ideas that can easily be done in the classroom. No fuss, no muss teaching. I also think the “materials light / prep light” aspect of these really went over with teachers. We all know how overwhelming it can be when you get a good idea but it is an impossible circus act of 4 pages of instructions and how to dos. Just impossible to put into action in one’s own classroom.

So here are the three lists consolidated in one place. The lists may be downloaded on the original blog post, for the convenience to use offline and share offline. Enjoy and share your own ideas in these veins when you have the chance.

50 tasks for the English Language Classroom

50 Tech tasks for the English Language Classroom

50 tasks using only a blank piece of paper.

50 Holiday Friendly Activities for the classroom.

3 Responses

1. Anonymous says:

Great, easy ideas for teachers. Thanks

2. Lisa Garnet says:

Great, easy to use ideas for ESL instructors. Thanks.

3. David says:

Thanks for the kind comments.

I think “practical is most possible’ and not just for students but also teachers – the possible is most important! Theory is good but action much better….

David