Gif Lingua Is Closing

Yes. It will close its internet and app doors on June 30th.

It’s been 3 years I’ve been building this platform – a library of leveled gif readers. 3,000+ readers, all with quizzes and supplementary videos. Plus a nice web app. Lots of sweat, tears, happiness and yes – money.

Unfortunately, just can’t keep personally carrying the monthly costs. I’ll be sending an email to all the 50.000 teacher/student members soon.

However, all is not lost. The platform is a corpus of educational gifs tagged to language. If you know of anyone interested in this image library – please have them get intouch – david@giflingua.com

Further, if a school does see the value of the platform, happy to discuss and provide the technology on their own servers for their students. Also open to any foundation or organization which might support Gif Lingua and keep the books open and free for all ELLs. Also, we do have a library of resources created to support each book on Gif Lingua – this might be valuable as a resource library for any school or teacher group.

I’ll also mention the app. Over 100,000 educational gifs tagged for language. If a developer or business is interested in this unique app and monetizing it as a native app – also, please get in touch.

I thank all who participated. Long live the world of gifs!