The #1 (site for making digital stories)

Number One** Not your ordinary, endless list – just what’s number 1.

THE TARHEEL READER

I’m in love. Let me say it again – I’m in love!!!! Yes, it’s spring and maybe that is what is doing it but I”m in love – in love with Gary Bishop’s Tarheel Reader. It is without a doubt, the best place for digital storytelling.

Ozge’s blog just posted a lot of fine digital storytelling sites but nothing beats the simplicity and thus ‘power’ of the Tarheel Reader.

The Tarheel reader is a place where you can find online books of all kinds! Share them with your students and it is a great place to learn vocabulary. Books repeat language and are at all different levels for English Language Learners. You can also export your books when finished into powerpoint!

Here’s my video of a Tarheel Reader made with Windows Movie Maker after I downloaded the ppt. Get the Tarheel book here.

1 Response