• Uncategorized
  • 2

Karaoke to teach English!

karaoke_01164669224We have LOADS of karaoke for use in the classroom here. See the links assembled below.

Karaoke is a great tool for any language teacher. It really helps with phonetic recognition (connecting text to speech – reading) and highly motivational. It also is adaptable and you can vary the speed, the context (pictures) , the presentation and even have students record.

Visit this discussion to get Gosing – where you can instantly have a very basic, traditional Karaoke player in your classroom.

The Karafun player is superb. Download it free HERE. Once installed, you have both A PLAYER and an EDITOR. Use the player to play files (.kfn) and the editor to make files. See this presentation and watch how I make a file with; A) an mp3 B) a transcript/lyrics C) a photo (s) . It really isn’t difficult! If it helps, here is a short How to make a Karafun Karaoke file (short).docand a long How to make a Karaoke using Karafun.doc

If you are concerned about royalty free images and don’t want to “google” – use Pics4Learning

On EFL Classroom’s Karaoke page, you can download hundreds of pre-made karaoke files. Also see resources on my institutes site where I have a Making a Karaoke page.

Also, there are many more places to get karaoke videos and learn about karaoke:

1. Discussions about Karaoke

2. Main Karaoke page

3. Karaoke video examples

4. Quick Karaoke

5. Kids Karaoke Korner

6. News articles in Karaoke

7. Elementary Songs for the Korean Textbook

8. Mixtube lyrics/songs

9. Go Sing player and songs

10. Karaoke in the classroom group

11. Karaoke Videos on EFL Classroom 2.0

12. Karaoke Dialogues

13. CantandDing  – online karaoke site

1. Richard says:

Great ideas. I love the karaoke dialogue, what a fantastic activity!

I tend to use karaoke after using a song for something else, but this stuff is something else.

Many thanks, again!

R

Richard,

You are welcome! One of the few things I take real pride in — motivating many teachers to use more music in their classroom through the power of text to speech. Lots of ways to be / get creative!

Cheers,

David