• Uncategorized
  • 0

The #1 ….. (place to have your students blog)

Number One** Not your ordinary, endless list – just what’s number 1.

Edublogs

I guess this one is pretty obvious, seeing that what you are experiencing right now IS Edublogs. However, I do expect this pick to be contentious and I do agree there are many alternatives however, I still think beyond the pale, Edublogs is the best place for a group of students to blog privately, securely. Let me tell you why. (but please, comment and suggest some alternatives!)

1.  Very simple to set up. This is the biggest thing for me. Teachers don’t want anything complex nor to spend undo time getting to the good stuff – the curriculum! In a few short steps, you can have all your students online and blogging – on task!

2. It’s free. Yes, there is a little advertising but it is safe and not bothersome. See the options HERE. A Teacher’s set up is very low cost also.

3. It is an educational community.  Meaning, you are supporting a group that has education first and always in their mind. They aren’t going to do anything that will effect educators as their client base. More info. here.

There is a lot more I could say. Let it suffice that I looked long and hard into whether to support Edublogs when I joined and made a public blog, some 2+ years ago. I’m happy with the choice and think most teachers will be too.