The #1 …. (ESL Professional Development site)

Number One** Not your ordinary, endless list – just what’s number 1.

Colorin Colorado

I can’t tell you how often I’ve dipped into this site and benefited, been refreshed! It is a wealth of material to help teachers develop and think about their teaching.

colorinIt is geared for the ESL classroom situation and in particular (because it is American based) for teaching Hispanic students, nevertheless, it offers gems for a teacher of any stripe. Browse the menu in the left column.

Some places I find very useful:

Webcasts – sound advice with clear slides, on a wide range of topics (I recommend the one about disabilities!)

Research and Reports – dip in here when writing a paper or thinking about a particular topic.

Reading Rockets: a sister site that used to be part of Colorin Colorado. Everything you need to know to be a successful reading coach.

Next up – The #1 … (Professional Development site for EFL)

3 Responses

1. It’s easy to get lost in all the available ESL related content on the web, so recommendations like this one are very useful. Thanks for sharing!
    All the best,
    Marian

2. ddeubel says:

Marian,

You’re very welcome. Neni zac. It is a big problem for sure and why I’m one who is very keen on aggregation and also crowd sourcing. Been thinking a lot about this sort of problem and will have to blog my thoughts! Twitter and facebook have done little in the area of content to alleviate it…

3. Daniel says:

Thanks for the info! I’ll check this out.