Finne Cherian – Teacher Inspiration

I’ve been seeking inspiration for my own teaching. I’m still teaching online, working online, but will after a year outside “the regular classroom” be returning to the reality of 4 walls.

You can’t replace F2F. I wrote a bit about missing this before and I’ve been yearning for awhile, to be back in the class, doing my thing. It will be a particularly special thing for me – I’ll be returning to the university where I became a teacher and started my first steps down this wonderful vocation. I’ll be able to give back what was given.  Make a circle, that most perfect of symbols.

These reflections of Finney Cherian, a teacher in Canada, hit home.  Take a listen as he talks about the essential things a teacher should do in the classroom. Especially a teacher of teachers. I’m listening.

Here’s too is his award winning lecture: Unbinding Baby Elephants

If you liked this post – you might enjoy:  Interview With Myself