FREE: Zen And The Act Of Teaching

zenZen And The Act Of Teaching is a reflective journal about the “art” of teaching for inservice or practicing teachers.

I created it because of my deep belief in the need for a practical book that would help teachers to reflect both in discussion and writing, their core beliefs about teaching and learning. Plus, explore those beliefs and grow and change as teachers, as a result.

I’ve used the book in my own pre-service teaching. Read some of the student teachers reflections here.  The book has also been used in a number of other university and state teacher training programs.  Teachers do the assigned readings and submit reflections in writing. Or better, they guide and mentor each other while sharing their own short reflections on the topics of the book.

I hope later this year to launch a course for the book. But in the meantime, I’m releasing it forever free, for all.  I hope teachers and program administrators will use the powerpoint, print as a book and make the book a part of their training curriculum.  I think all those who’ve bought the hard cover or paid for the book previously. View this teacher review.

Download For Free 

You’ll get:

* Zen and the Act Of Teaching PDF
* Zen and the Act of Teaching (flash)
* Zen and the Act of Teaching PPT

I do a lot of hard work in the field of teacher development.  Please share this offer and also consider joining EFL Classroom 2.0 where you’ll find the largest collection of ELT materials on the net, all for a one time, low cost payment. Newsletters, constant new resources, 100s of full lessons and many more ebooks like this one.

This book is still available as a beautiful soft cover journal through lulu books. Also see there – a nice preview of the interior pages. Hardcover version

View as flash.  Real book here

&nbsp