Guest Posts….

teachingvillageI’m a true blue believer in “sharing”. Not just resources but also our own teaching ideas and experience. We all have something to share and add to the benefit of the wider community. Praxis > informed action or as I see it, “walking the talk” is especially important.

In that vein, I’ve supported from the start, Barbara Sakamoto’s collaborative blog, Teaching Village. Please see my 3 guest posts there, all on good teaching practices.

An old dog and new tricks: Part 1 – about the need to develop professionally. Part 2 on the use of repetition in lesson planning and delivery.

The Small Things Count – some micro teaching skills explained.

Thank you Barbara for your wonderful initiative. Let’s have more guest blog posts and I urge all educators to post up a guest blog on EFL Classroom 2.0 . We have thousands of visitors each day that really would benefit from your teaching thoughts and sharing….

1. Thanks for the kind words, David, and your continued support! I’m lucky to have collaborators like you.

I hope teachers will consider sharing their own experiences here, or (hint, hint) on Teaching Village. There is an incredible amount that we all can learn from each other.

At this point, I figure I “owe” you at least one guest post 🙂

Oh Barbara – no debt at all! I know how busy you are. Further, my point about requesting others to guest blog was to maybe get some teachers who drop by EFL Classroom 2.0 to copy or guest blog there. Mostly because we have oodles of new teachers on the site but most are there for the resources. Some for the conversation. However, my big goal is to get them to read blogs!!! And if we can have more fresh faces/content, maybe we can catch them and make a blogger out of them!

That’s something us regular bloggers should participate and be active in…..

One thing I would like to see on Teaching Village is a dedicated section on using technology and web 2.0 tools. But I do like how you have those easy to select categories on the blog.

David

3. That’s a good idea, David. I’ll add a category for technology and web 2.0 tools. The blog is a work in progress, and I’m just thrilled that I finally know how to add a category 🙂

Thanks for the suggestion!